A delineation of the strata of England and Wales, with part of Scotland; exhibiting the collieries and mines, the marshes and fen lands originally overflowed by the sea, and the varieties of soil according to the variations in the substrata, illustrated by the most descriptive names
- By W. Smith ...
- London, J. Cary, 1815.
- Physical description
- 2 maps. on 4 sheets, mounted. fold. to 32 x 28 cm. + 1 book (ix, , 51,  p.,  folded leaves. 21 cm.)
Also available at
At the library
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
|G5751 .C57 1815 .S64 F||Unknown|
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: 2 maps <on 16 sheets>
Library has: Supplement: 1 v.
|G5751.C57 1815 S64||In-library use|
- Smith, William, 1769-1839.
- Publication date
- Hand colored.
- Accompanied by: A memoir to the map and delineation of the strata of England and Wales, with part of Scotland, by William Smith. London, John Cary, 1815.
- Scale [ca. 1:316,800]
- Horblit, H. D. Grolier 100 science books, 94.
- Stanford copy 1 (BRAN):mounted on 3 sheets, in portfolio. Lacks memoir.
- Stanford copy 1 (BARCH): Variant mounting as described by Horblit: 15 sheets in 12 sections each, mounted on linen, 56 x 63 cm. folded to 14 x 21 cm., plus general map, 56 x 42 cm., also folded. Maps and memoir in solander case, with unidentified French armorial bookplate and spine title: Carte minéralogique de l'Angleterre.
- Related Work
- Smith, William, 1769-1839. Memoir to the map and delineation of the strata of England and Wales, with part of Scotland. 1815.
- Related Work
- Carte minéralogique de l'Angleterre.
Browse related items
Start at call number: