Strategic nuclear defense, feasible or fallible? [videorecording] : a public forum
- presented by the Stanford Arms Control and Disarmament Forum.
- Physical description
- 1 videocassette (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
At the library
- Lowell Wood, Special Studies Group Leader, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and X-ray laser expert debates Wolfgang Panofsky, Director, Stanford Linear Accelerator and Fellow, Center for International Security and Arms Control on the subject of nuclear defense. Dr. Wood maintains that strategic defense does have technical support; that the emphasis on defense will lead the human race away from the trap of nuclear destruction since the current policy of deterrence is extremely unstable. Dr. Panofsky counters by pointing out that all studies have concluded that offense can always defeat defense, and that there are too many technical problems with strategic defense to pursue it.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Taped at Stanford University?
- "VT 104."
- Moderator: Albert Hastorf.
Browse related items
Start at call number: