Conquest and empire : the reign of Alexander the Great
- A.B. Bosworth.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Physical description
- xiii, 330 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Bosworth, A. B.
- Bibliography: p. 295-314.
- The gaining of empire (336-323 BC)-- epilogue - the shape of things to come-- thematic studies: mainline Greece in Alexander's reign-- Alexander and his empire-- Alexander and the army-- the divinity of Alexander.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521343206 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Exploring the processes and consequences of the campaigns of Alexander the Great of Macedon, this work focuses on the effect of his monarchy upon the world of his day. A narrative of the campaigns from the Danube to the Indus is complemented and enlarged upon by thematic studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521343206 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 0521348234 (pbk.)
- 9780521348232 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: