Dictionary of hydraulic machinery : in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Russian
- Adam Tadeusz Troskola-nski ; [translated by Jerzy Bachrach]
- Uniform Title
- Maszyny i urządzenia hydrauliczne. English
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier Scientific Pub. Co. ; New York : Distribution for the U.S.A. and Canada, Elsevier Science Pub. Co., c1985.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 737 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Troskolański, Adam Tadeusz.
- Bibliography: 441-447.
- List of Research Institutes, Industrial Associations and Manufacturers. Explanations for the Reader. I. Selected Concepts of Logic, Mathematics and Physics. II. Basic Concepts of Mechanics. III. Selected Technical Concepts. IV. Theoretical Concepts of Hydraulic Machines. V. Hydraulic Motors. VI. Pumps. VII. Ship Propellers. VIII. Hydraulic Torque Converters and Fluid Couplings. IX. Control of Hydraulic Machines. X. Hydraulic Drive and Command Systems. XI. Conduits, Valves and Seals. XII. Various Hydraulic Installations. XIII. Experimental Research on Hydraulic Machinery. XIV. Exploitations of Hydraulic Machines.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Based on a Polish book of 1974 entitled "Hydraulic Machinery - Basic Concepts", this revised and enlarged multilingual work is more an illustrated encyclopaedia than just a technical dictionary. Besides giving equivalent terms in the six different languages, precise and unequivocal definitions (in English) are provided, along with relevant formulae and classification tables. The approximately 4,300 terms are supplemented by 221 illustrations and 30 tables. Symbols commonly encountered in the field are also included with their corresponding explanations. The subject matter has been arranged according to the recommendations of the International Organisation for Standardisation, Technical Committee 37 (Technology). Each of the 14 chapters refers to a distinct branch or problem of the science and technique of the design and installation of hydraulic machinery. Alphabetical indexes in each of the six languages provide easy reference to the main body of the work. A special feature of the dictionary is the inclusion of terms which have not yet appeared in the technical literature. This is due to the co-operation of the research institutes which allowed the author access to scientific materials (especially drafts of standards) and the leading manufacturers in the field who sent him publications and drawings of their latest developments in hydraulic machinery. This reference work should prove invaluable to those in the hydraulic machinery field, including both research workers and designers in industry. It can be useful to advanced students and teaching staff in universities and technical colleges as well as to authors, editors and translators working in this field. It should find a place in the libraries of all societies and institutions in the various engineering branches and industrial organizations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Revised and enlarged translation of: Maszyny i urza̜dzenia hydrauliczne / Adam Tadeusz Troskolański.
- Includes indexes.
- 0444997288 : $175.00 (est.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: