Microbes and microbial products as herbicides
- Robert E. Hoagland, editor.
- Washington, DC : American Chemical Society, 1990.
- Physical description
- x, 341 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- ACS symposium series 0097-6156 ; 439
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Microbes and Microbial Products as Herbicides: An Overview-- Masculosin: Host-Specific Phytotoxin from Alternaria alternata on Spotted Knapweed-- Biochemistry of Non-Host-Selective Phytotoxins-- Satellite Metabolites and Synthetic Derivatives of Abscisic Acid as Potential Microbial Product Herbicides-- Biochemical Responses of Plants to Pathogens-- Phytoalexins and Their Elicitors-- Pathogens with Potential for Weed Control-- Biological Control of Aquatic Weeds with Plants Pathogens-- Genetic Variability of Fungal Pathogens and Their Weed Hosts-- Biotechnological Approaches to Control of Weeds with Pathogens-- Interactions of Pathogens on Plant Leaf Surfaces-- Functional Significance of Adhesion to the Preparation of the Infection Court by Plant Pathogenic Fungi-- Herbicide-Pathogen Interactions and Mycoherbicides as Alternative Strategies for Weed Control-- Synergistic Role of Soil Fungi in the Herbicidal Efficacy of Glyphosate-- Soilborne Fungi for Biological Control of Weeds-- Formulation and Application Technology for Microbial Weed Control-- Bioherbicide Technology: An Industrial Perspective-- Weed Control with Pathogens: Future Needs and Directions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This new volume brings together scientists from a variety of disciplines to present, summarize, review, and update information related to bioherbicides. Among the topics covered are pathogens with potential as bioherbicides, phylloplane-pathogen interactions, aspects of soil microorganisms, formulation and commercialization of microbes as bioherbicides, genetic aspects of pathogens for weed control, and chemistry and biochemistry of microbial-plant interactions. A valuable source of information for researchers involved in both biological weed control and herbicide development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Developed from a symposium sponsored by the Division of Agrochemicals at the 197th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Dallas, Texas, April 9-14, 1989."
- 084121865X : $79.95
Browse related items
Start at call number: