Dreamland court : a novel
- by Dale Herd
- Westport CT : City Point Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 298 pages ; 21 cm
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Stacks Request (opens in new tab)
|PS3558 .E66 D74 2022||Available|
- Herd, Dale, 1940- author.
- "Set in the blighted industrial landscape of the Los Angeles basin, Dreamland Court is a love story. Johnny Dalton, just released from prison, returns home to find his wife Jackie, the mother of his two small children, passionately involved with one of his friends. Determind to do everything in his power to win her back, Johnny blunders his way through one criminal enterprise after another. When the cops pick him up for being the only adult present at a wild teenage party, he’s sent back to jail. The strange thing is, Jackie finds Johnny's antics exciting, even irresistible. Reminiscent of the pathos in Hubert Selby’s Last Exit to Brooklyn, and the comedy of John Synge’s The Playboy of the Western World, Dale Herd focuses his astute gaze on lives that are ordinarily invisible, while turning the conventional love story on its head."-- Back cover
- Los Angeles Basin (Calif.) > Fiction.
- Ex-convicts > Fiction.
- Families > Fiction.
- Husband and wife > Fiction.
- Criminals > Fiction.
- Ex-détenus > Romans, nouvelles, etc.
- Familles > Romans, nouvelles, etc.
- Criminels > Romans, nouvelles, etc.
- Psychological fiction.
- Detective and mystery fiction.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "Portions of Dreamland Court have previously been published in the Chicago Review; ZYZZVA; Bezoar; The Poetry Project, Attaboy; and Blue Press"--Title page verso
- 9781947951488 (paperback)
- 1947951483 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: