Creativity and learning : contexts, processes and support
- Soila Lemmetty, Kaija Collin, Vlad Petre Glǎveanu, Panu Forsman, editors
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxviii, 280 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 22 cm
- Palgrave studies in creativity and culture.
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Chapter 1. Introduction: Creativity and learning as sociocultural and intertwined phenomena.- Chapter 2. Uncertainty: A Necessary Condition for Creative Learning.- Chapter 3. Time to Think: Lessons about Purpose and Agency from Case Studies.- Chapter 4. Developing Intelligence and Creativity in Education: Insights from the Space-Time Continuum.- Chapter 5. Cultivating Creativity in Computing Education: A Missed Opportunity?.- Chapter 6. . Multiple creativities put to work for creative ecologies in teacher professional learning: A vision and practice of everyday creativity.- Chapter 7. Distributed Creativity and Expansive Learning in a Teacher Training School's Change Laboratory .- Chapter 8. Virtual enterprise simulation game as an environment for collaborative creativity and learning.- Chapter 9. Mind the gap: Creative knowledge processes within interdisciplinary groups in organizations and higher education.- Chapter 10. Remaking and transforming cultural practices: Exploring the co-occurrence of work, learning and innovation.- Chapter 11. Supporting Creativity and Learning at Work: Practices and Structures from Growth Companies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book focuses on the relations and connections between creativity and learning in different contexts. By shifting the focus from individual psychology to a sociocultural framework, it explores the multidimensional nature of the processes under study, resulting in a 'bigger picture' of creativity and learning and their interdependence. The book examines the sociocultural definitions of creativity and learning in the contexts of children's education and adult education, as well as workplaces and organisations. It offers insights concerning the frameworks and practices developed to enhance creativity and learning in different applied contexts. This collection brings together experts from across the globe and combines theoretical understandings, recent empirical findings and practical tools to be used by researchers, students and teaching staff, as well as practitioners, educators and managers. The book is a comprehensive, research-based volume on creativity and learning and their dynamic interconnection in various spheres of our life. .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Palgrave studies in creativity and culture
- 9783030770655 hardcover
- 3030770656 hardcover
- 9783030770662 electronic book
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: