Colonial Law in Africa, 1808-1919
- East Ardsley, Wakefield : Microform Academic Publishers, 2017
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
Search this database
- Great Britain. Foreign and Commonwealth Office, current owner.
- Microform Academic Publishers, issuing body.
- Kenya, 1899-1919
- Nigeria (Lagos), 1887-1919
- Zambia (Northern Rhodesia), 1899-1919
- Malawi (Nyasaland), 1899-1919
- Sierra Leone, 1818-1919
- Zimbabwe (Southern Rhodesia), 1894-1919
- The Gambia, 1883-1919
- Ghana (Gold Coast), 1876-1919
- Uganda, 1908-1919
- Tanzania (Zanzibar), 1892-1919
- Originally known as the 'Government Gazettes', each item contains the colonial laws for the year they were published. The legal records also include property for sale, probate records and bankruptcy notices. This is the first part of the three part series 'Colonial Law in Africa'. These items cover the Napoleonic Wars, the Boer War and the First World War. They also cover the abolition of the legal status of slavery. These gazettes were published alongside the African Blue Books of Statistics during the 19th and 20th centuries
- Africa > History > 19th century > Sources.
- Africa > History > 20th century > Sources.
- Africa > Politics and government > 19th century > Sources.
- Africa > Politics and government > 20th century > Sources.
- Africa > Colonization.
- Great Britain > Colonies > Africa > History > 19th century > Sources.
- Great Britain > Colonies > Africa > History > 20th century > Sources.
- British colonies.
- Politics and government.
- Official gazettes.
- Full-text databases.
- Database topics
- British and Commonwealth History
- African Studies
- Religious Studies
- Government Information: International and Foreign
- Publication date
- Title variation
- African Government Gazettes, 1808-1919
- Related Work
- British online archives.