Oil & water
- Steve Duin, author ; Shannon Wheeler, artist ; Mike Rosen, editor ; Tom Orzechowski, letterer
- Seattle, WA : Fantagraphics Books, ©2011
- Physical description
- 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
Marine Biology Library (Miller)
|GC1221 .D85 2011||Unknown|
- "Journalist Steve Duin and Eisner Award-winning cartoonist Shannon Wheeler present a powerful graphic novel about their 2010 pilgrimage to the Gulf Coast in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. They went to measure the impact of one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history, and encourage the shrimp boaters, hoteliers, beachcombers and off-shore oil workers now soaking in 184 million gallons of spilled petroleum. They returned with a painful but powerful story of the strategic changes we all need to make in the landscape of environmental protection and personal responsibility."--Page 4 of cover
- BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill, 2010 > Environmental aspects > Comic books, strips, etc.
- BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill, 2010 > Social aspects > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Oil spills > Environmental aspects > Mexico, Gulf of > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Oil wells > Mexico, Gulf of > Blowouts > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Gulf Coast (La.) > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Oil spills > Environmental aspects.
- Oil wells > Blowouts.
- Social aspects.
- Gulf of Mexico.
- Louisiana > Gulf Coast.
- BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill (2010)
- Local author.
- Recreational reading.
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Graphic novels
- Publication date
- Title variation
- Oil and water
- Graphic novel format
- Commended for Oregon Book Awards (Graphic Novel) 2014 9781606994924 20210726 (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: