Analytical biotechnology : capillary electrophoresis and chromatography
- Csaba Horváth, editor, John F. Nikelly, editor.
- Washington, DC : American Chemical Society, 1990.
- Physical description
- x, 213 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- ACS symposium series 434.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- High-Resolution Nanotechnique for Separation, Characterization and Quantitation of Micro- and Macromolecules: Capillary Electrophoresis-- Applications of Capillary Zone Electrophoresis to Quality Control-- Analysis of Cyclic Nucleotides by Capillary Electrophoresis Using Ultraviolet Detection-- On-Column Radioisotope Detection for Capillary Electrophoresis-- Strategies for an Analytical Examination of Biological Pharmaceuticals-- Analytical Chemistry of Therapeutic Proteins-- Improvement and Experimental Validation of Protein Impurity Immunoassays for Recombinant DNA Products-- Minimum Variance Purity Control of Preparative Chromatography with Simultaneous Optimization of Yield: An On-Line Species-Specific Detector-- Amino Acid Sequence-Mass Spectrometer Analyses of Mating Pheromones of the Ciliate Euplotes Raikovi-- Micropellicular Sorbents for Rapid HPLC of Proteins and Peptides by Reversed-Phase Chromatography-- Displacement Chromatographic Separations on Beta-Cyclodextrin-Silica Columns.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume presents accounts of some of the recent advances in high performance liquid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis with regard to biotechnology. Four of its 11 chapters present an introduction to capillary electrophoresis and discuss its application to various analytical problems ranging from the analysis of cyclic nucleotides to quality control in the pharmaceutical industry. Subsequent chapters cover recent developments in HPLC, with emphasis on analysis of pharmaceutical proteins; the problems associated with the use of HPLC as a detection method in preparative chromatography; the use of mass spectrometry in the structure determination of peptides; and the use of the displacement mode of chromatography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- ACS symposium series, ISSN 0097-6156 ; 434
- "Developed from a symposium sponsored by the Division of Analytical Chemistry at the 196th national Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Los Angeles, California, September 25-30, 1988."
Browse related items
Start at call number: