The best American travel writing 2020
- edited and with an introduction by Robert Macfarlane ; Jason Wilson, series editor.
- Boston : Mariner Books, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2020.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxii, 311 pages ; 21 cm
- Best American series.
- Macfarlane, Robert, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 309-311).
- Rick Steves wants to set you free / Sam Anderson
- On the road with Thomas Merton / Fred Bahnson
- If you are permanently lost / Molly McCully Brown
- Life, death, and the border patrol / Jackie Bryant Smith
- Volunteer's dilemma / Ken Budd
- My own private Iceland / Kyle Chayka
- Revisiting my grandfather's garden / Mojgan Ghazirad
- To the follower of Cheikh Bamba whom I met in Dakar / Emmanuel Iduma
- How to mourn a glacier / Lacy M. Johnson
- Such perfection / Chloé Cooper Jones
- What I learned in avalanche school / Heidi Julavits
- Glow / James Lasdun
- To hold oneself together / Yiyun Li
- The last of the great American hobos / Jeff MacGregor
- The trillion-dollar nowhere / Ben Mauk
- My father's land / Courtney Desiree Morris
- At the border, no one can know your name / Alejandra Oliva
- The shape of water / Stephanie Pearson
- Who lives in Palermo is Palermo / Ashley Powers
- Climate Signs / Emily Raboteau
- Walking with migrants / Paul Salopek
- Lost in Summerland / Barrett Swanson
- Vacation memories marred by the indelible stain of racism / Shanna B. Tiayon.
- "The best travel writing essays of 2019 are collected in this volume that explores what it means to travel somewhere new"-- Provided by publisher
- Included Work
- Anderson, Sam. Rick Steves wants to set you free.
- Bahnson, Fred, 1973- On the road with Thomas Merton.
- Brown, Molly McCully, 1991- If you are permanently lost.
- Smith, Jackie Bryant, 1941- Life, death, and the border patrol.
- Budd, Ken. Volunteer's dilemma.
- Chayka, Kyle. My own private island.
- Qāz̤īʹrād, Muzhgān. Revisiting my grandfather's garden.
- Iduma, Emmanuel. To the follower of Cheikh Bamba whom I met in Dakar.
- Johnson, Lacy M., 1978- How to mourn a glacier.
- Jones, Chloé Cooper. Such perfection.
- Publication date
- The best American series
- 9780358362036 (pbk.)
- 0358362032 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: