Bibliography on Holocaust literature. Supplement
- Abraham J. Edelheit and Hershel Edelheit.
- Boulder : Westview Press, 1990-
- Physical description
- v. ; 24 cm.
- Part 1 Seedbed for destruction: European Jewry before the Holocaust-- the Jewish question-- fascism and totalitarianism-- the Third Reich. Part 2 The Shoa: war and occupation-- the destruction of European Jewry-- the victims-- resistance-- Jewish-Gentile relations in extremis-- rescue and resettlement. Part 3 Aftermath: from Holocaust to rebirth-- the legacy of the Holocaust-- the pursuit of justice-- the Holocaust in literature and art.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780813314129 20160528
- The origins of the Holocaust-- Europe on the brink-- Nazi Germany-- the perpetrators-- war and occupation-- the concentration camps-- the Final Solution-- the victims-- resistance-- the Jewish-gentile relations in extremis-- the reaction of the free world-- the reaction of the Jewish world-- aftermath-- results-- the search for justice-- reflections on the Holocaust-- the Holocaust in literature and art-- distorting the Holocaust-- research guides.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780813308968 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In this second supplement to their "Bibliography on Holocaust Literature", the authors have compiled 4000 new entries to keep pace with the outpouring of literature on the subject. Readers' attention is directed to new materials and to items newly available, including books, pamphlets and journal articles, many of which are catalogued for the first time. There is a new section on Soviet anti-Semitism and expanded coverage of neo-Nazism/neo-fascism.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780813314129 20160528
- In this supplement to their 1986 bibliography, the Edelheits have compiled 6500 new entries to keep pace with the outpouring of literature on the Holocaust. They have included contemporary reports, eyewitness testimonies and scholarly interpretations in the form of books, pamphlets and periodicals, many of which have not previously been cited in a reference work. The Edelheits have expanded their coverage by adding new sections on significant Holocaust-related novels and short stories, reviews of Holocaust literature, drama, poetry and the arts and material on the Bitburg controversy. Significant books have been annotated, and an introductory essay provides a general guide for readers seeking additional information. Citations are cross-referenced, and author-title and subject indexes and a glossary are included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780813308968 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes indexes.
- 9780813308968 (v. 1)
- 0813314127 (v. 2)
- 9780813314129 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: