Organic coatings : their origin and development : proceedings of the International Symposium on the History of Organic Coatings, held September 11-15, 1989, in Miami Beach, Florida, USA
- editors, Raymond B. Seymour, Herman F. Mark.
- New York, NY : Elsevier, c1990.
- Physical description
- xiii, 346 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references
- Origin and development of polymeric coatings. Worldwide history of paint. History of naval stores in coatings. History of cellulosic coatings. History of wax coatings. History of coatings education. Sixty years of automotive coatings from lacquers to oligomers. History of coatings for aircrafts. History of appliance coatings. Coatings for membranes - past, present and future. History of pressure sensitive adhesive coatings. History of diagnostic coatings. History of vinyl coatings. History of polyvinylidene chloride coatings. Joseph J. Mattiello. Arthur King Dolittle. John Scott Long: from the chemistry of coatings to the history of science. Roy Kienle (1896-1957), polymer pioneer. The Roy W. Tess award in coatings. History of amino resins in coatings. History of phenolic coatings. History of diene-styrene block copolymers. History of silicones in coatings. History of polyurethanes. Saturated polyester coatings. History of photocuring. History of electron beam cured coatings. Infrared spectroscopy of coatings material. Plasticizers from coatings to plastics, 1938-1948. History of alkyd coatings. History of electrodeposition of coatings. History of epoxy resins. History of metal decorating container coatings technology with an emphasis on waterbone technology. History and Development of Acrylic Latex coatings. History of powder coatings. History of styrene copolymer coatings. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Organic Coatings is the first complete history of coatings science and technology in one comprehensive volume. Eminent coating pioneers who led the development of decorative and protective coatings, ranging from the earliest oleoresinous paints to modern polyurethane coatings. In addition to historical background, the contributions include valuable practical information on coating properties, structure, equipment, testing and applications, along with illustrations and tables to supplement the text. This book will be highly accessible to readers with only a cursory background knowledge of chemistry. Organic Coatings provides the background necessary to understanding modern coatings, with a compelling look ahead to coatings of the future.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0444015205 (alk. paper)
- 9780444015204 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: