Handbook of research on adult learning in higher education
- Mabel CPO Okojie, Tinukwa C. Boulder, Heshium Lawrence, and William Neil Littell, editors
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 2019
- Copyright notice
- © 2020 by IGI Global
- Physical description
- 33 PDFs (756 pages)
- Okojie, Mabel CPO, editor.
- Okojie-Boulder, Tinukwa C., 1977- editor.
- Lawrence, Heshium, 1976- editor.
- Littell, William Neil, 1980- editor.
- IGI Global, publisher.
- Information Science Reference (Publisher)
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Chapter 1. Foundations of adult education, learning characteristics, and instructional strategies
- Chapter 2. Innovative approach to meet the needs of working professionals through blended learning
- Chapter 3. Leveraging partnerships to support community-based learning in a college of education
- Chapter 4. Challenges, issues, and trends in adult education
- Chapter 5. Project-based learning (PBL) in a higher education project: introduction of an accelerated PBL (A-PBL) model
- Chapter 6. Providing adult learners in community colleges with education and support
- Chapter 7. Afrocentric thought in adult education
- Chapter 8. Issues of health-related physical fitness of the adult learner
- Chapter 9. A practitioner guide on backward design application for online aviation training in higher education
- Chapter 10. The role of management in instructional design
- Chapter 11. Andragogy and online discussions: the design and facilitation of effective online discussion for adult learners
- Chapter 12. Online strategic discussion forum: models, strategies, and applications
- Chapter 13. Alchemy of teaching: experience, leadership, and the science and art of education
- Chapter 14. Revising approaches to ELL: the urgent need to update university ELL education
- Chapter 15. Simulation in adult learning: across the disciplines of engineering, business, and healthcare
- Chapter 16. Transforming chemistry curricula and courses to support adult learners
- Chapter 17. 3D modeling and printing integrated lesson planning: a competency-building project to improve pre-service teachers' readiness for technology integration
- Chapter 18. Examining the adult learning in "giving back" initiatives
- Chapter 19. The use of social media: issues, challenges, and strategies for adult teaching and learning
- Chapter 20. Online learning and the use of audio recordings for career exploration, job search, and networking
- Chapter 21. Benefits and disadvantages of utilizing gamified learning in higher education: a systematic analysis
- Chapter 22. Gamification in adult learning
- Chapter 23. The impact of user experience with technology on course expectations: how ubiquitous computing has trained students to be consumers of media in the classroom
- Chapter 24. The past, present, and future of virtual reality in higher education
- Publisher's summary
In today's globalized world, professional fields are continually transforming to keep pace with advancing methods of practice. The theory of adult learning, specifically, is a subject that has seen new innovations and insights with the advancement of online and blended learning. Examining new principles and characteristics in adult learning is imperative, as emerging technologies are rapidly shifting the standards of higher education. The Handbook of Research on Adult Learning in Higher Education is a collection of innovative research on the methods and applications of adult education in residential, online, and blended course delivery formats. This book will focus on the impact that culture, globalization, and emerging technology currently has on adult education. While highlighting topics including andragogical principles, professional development, and artificial intelligence, this book is ideally designed for teachers, program developers, instructional designers, technologists, educational practitioners, deans, researchers, higher education faculty, and students seeking current research on new methodologies in adult education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Adult learning > Research.
- Adult education > Research.
- Education, Higher.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers
- Also available in print
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
- 9781799813071 eBook
- 9781799813064 Hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: