Handbook of environmental protection and enforcement : principles and practice
- Andrew Farmer.
- London ; Sterling, VA : Earthscan, 2007.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 279 pages)
- Farmer, Andrew.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-272) and index.
- Introduction: The Principles and Nature of Regulation The Nature of Environment Enforcement Authorities Permitting Monitoring and Inspection Action in Response to Non-compliance Compliance Promotion Financing Environmental Enforcement Authorities Management of Environmental Enforcement Authorities.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Environmental Enforcement Authorities (EEAs), sometimes called Environmental Protection Agencies (EPAs), are the regulatory, monitoring and enforcement agencies of national, state/provincial and local governments worldwide responsible for implementing, monitoring and enforcing environmental legislation. This one-of-a-kind, authoritative handbook offers a comprehensive assessment of the principles and best practice of EEAs throughout the world with a focus on Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia, east and south-east Asia and various other OECD, transition and developing countries. The book assesses structures, expertise and capacity, financing, permitting, monitoring, inspection, enforcement and EEA performance and future directions. It also identifies best practice for creating or improving EEAs. It offers substantial information for industry on the nature of compliance with environmental regulations as well as vital information for professionals, consultants, NGOs and researchers working at the interface between government EEAs and industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Environmental auditing > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Vérification environnementale > Guides, manuels, etc.
- SCIENCE > Environmental Science (see also Chemistry > Environmental)
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Public Policy > Environmental Policy.
- Environmental auditing.
- Handbooks and manuals.
- Guides et manuels.
- Publication date
- 9781849771535 (electronic bk.)
- 1849771537 (electronic bk.)
- 9781844073092 (hbk.)
- 1844073092 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: