Carbonatites : genesis and evolution
- edited by Keith Bell.
- London ; Boston : Unwin Hyman, 1989.
- Physical description
- xix, 618 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QE462 .C36 C36 1989||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Carbonatites - nomenclature, average chemical compositions and element distribution, A.R.Woolley & D.R.C.Kempe-- the spatial and temporal distribution of carbonatites, A.R.Woolley-- field relations of carbonatites, D.S.Barker-- extrusive carbonatites and their significance, J.Keller-- carbonatite magma - properties and processes, A.H.Treiman-- pyrochlore, apatite and amphibole - distinctive minerals in carbonatite, D.D.Hogarth-- nature of economic mineralization in carbonatites and related rocks, A.N.Mariano-- nature and structural relationships of carbonatites from Southwest and West Tanzania, P.van Straaten-- carbonatites in a continental margin environment - the Canadian Cordillera, J.Pell & T.Hoy-- Phalaborwa - a saga of magmatism, metasomatism and miscibility, S.C.Eriksson-- sodium carbonatite extrusions from Oldoinyo Lengai, Tanzania - implications for carbonatite complex genesis, J.B.Dawson-- neodymium and Sr isotope geochemistry of carbonatites, K.Bell & J.Blenkinsop-- stable isotope variations in carbonatites, P.Deines-- lead isotope relationships in carbonatites and alkalic complexes - an overview, S.T.Kwon et al-- the genesis of carbonatites by immiscibility, B.A.Kjarsgaard & D.L.Hamilton-- the behaviour of trace elements in the evolution of carbonatites, D.L.Hamilton et al-- diversification of carbonatite, M.J.Le Bas-- upper-mantle enrichment by kimberlitic or carbonatitic magmatism, A.P.Jones-- a model of mantle metasomatism by carbonated alkaline melts - trace-element and isotopic compositions of mantle source regions of carbonatite and other continental igneous rocks, J.K.Meen et al-- origin of carbonatites - evidence from phase equilibrium studies, P.J.Wyllie-- mantle metasomes and the kinship between carbonatites and kimberlites, S.E.Haggerty-- carbonatites, primary melts and mantle dynamics, D.H.Eggler-- the origin and evolution of carbonatite magmas, J.Gittins.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780044450689 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume reflects the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Geological Association of Canada-Mineralogical Association of Canada-Canadian Geophysical Union in Ottawa in 1986, deals with recent research projects on carbonatites which have been initiated in the last few years. The papers reflect the controversy over the origins of carbonatitic magmas and a new method of classification of carbonatites based on rock chemistry is presented. Phalaborwa and Lengai carbonatites are reviewed and fenitization is briefly covered. This is the first major volume on carbonatites to be published for 12 years and it is the editor's hope that a resurgence of research activity will ensue from its publication.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780044450689 20160527
- Publication date
- 0044450680 (alk. paper)
- 9780044450689 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: