RIPM jazz periodicals
- Baltimore : RIPM Consortium, Ltd., 2019-
- RIPM International Center, issuing body.
"The first release of RIPM Jazz Periodicals contains 105 jazz journals, covering the period from 1914 to 2006"--Publisher's description
"As an organization directing its attention to historical journals, RIPM focuses its jazz collection on supplying access to publications that ceased to appear in the twentieth century. If a journal continues to be published in the twenty-first century, our terminal point remains the twentieth, with four exceptions." [78 Quarterly (Brooklyn, NY; Key West, FL, 1967-2002); Mississippi Rag (Minneapolis, MN, 1973-2006); Detroit Jazz (Detroit, MI, 1997-2000); Cadence (Redwood, NY, 1976-2000).]
- Excluded are "journals that deal exclusively with record and CD reviews, pop music, education, business, individual instruments, and newsletters of jazz performance venues (often in geographical locations of somewhat lesser interest). While one could make a case for including some such titles in a full-text jazz archive, their number is so extensive and their quality so little known that it would be best to separate them out, at least for the moment. Also, excluded are writings on jazz in general music journals, popular magazines, and the daily press."
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Répertoire international de la presse musicale : Jazz periodicals
- Jazz periodicals
- Updated semiannually
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2019
- Access limited to subscribers