The EU-Japan partnership in the shadow of China : the crisis of liberalism
- edited by Axel Berkofsky, Christopher W. Hughes, Paul Midford, and Marie Söderberg.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 265 pages ; 25 cm.
- European Institute of Japanese Studies East Asian economics & business series.
- Berkofsky, Axel, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : now or never? / Marie Söderberg, Axel Berkofsky, Christopher W. Hughes and Paul Midford
- The strategic partnership agreement : new and better or more the same EU-Japan security cooperation? / Axel Berkofsky
- Abe's pro-active pacifism, values diplomacy, China, and EU-Japan political and security cooperation / Paul Midford
- Ordinary/civilian, not normative/post-modern : lessons from the EU for Japanese security policy / Paul Bacon and Hidetoshi Nakamura
- Japan and EU defence production cooperation : a strategically important but nascent relationship / Christopher W. Hughes
- EU-Japan relations in the age of competitive economic governance in Asia / Maaike Okano-Heijmans and Terada Takashi
- Taking the lead in current and future trade relationships / Patricia A. Nelson
- Negative interest rate policy by the Bank of Japan from the perspective of monetary policy in Europe / Markus Heckel
- EU and Japanese aid and trade : legitimising "Chinese democrary" in ASEAN / André Asplund
- Japan and the EU : SDGs and changing patterns of development cooperation / Marie Söderberg
- The evolution of America's implicit support of EU-Japan security relations / Jeffrey W. Hornung
- From "wider west" to "strategic alliance" : an assessment of China's influence in EU-Japan relations / Lilei Song and Liang Gai
- Conclusions : the way forward.
- European Union countries > Foreign relations > Japan.
- Japan > Foreign relations > European Union countries.
- European Union countries > Foreign economic relations > Japan.
- Japan > Foreign economic relations > European Union countries.
- China > Foreign relations > 21st century.
- China > Strategic aspects.
- Diplomatic relations.
- International economic relations.
- Strategic aspects of individual places.
- Europe > European Union countries.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- European Union-Japan partnership in the shadow of China
- European Institute of Japanese Studies, East Asian Economics and Business series ; 13
- 0815397984 hardcover
- 9781351172165 electronic book