Late Qing and Republican-era Chinese newspapers
- presented by Center for Research Libraries, Global Resources Network.
- [Minneapolis, MN] : East View Information Services
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- "The first half of the twentieth century began with the demise of China's last imperial dynasty, the Great Qing, and ended with the foundation of the People's Republic of China in October 1949. Following the 1912 establishment of China's first post-imperial government, the Republic of China, the country experienced both industrial and social revolution, a civil war during which communist and nationalist forces battled to shape the country's future, and looming external threats during both world wars. The Late Qing and Republican-Era Chinese Newspapers collection provides invaluable perspective on this critical period. The press of more than twenty cities is represented, spanning the Chinese mainland and the entire half century. The collection provides researchers a richly comprehensive perspective on Chinese life, culture, and politics throughout the collapse of the Qing Dynasty, the years of provisional government and civil war, and the birth of the People's Republic"--Publisher's description.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Republican-era Chinese newspapers
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2019.
- Publications in archive date from 1911 to 1949.
- Open access.
- Contained in (manifestation): Global Press archive