Anatomy of a Paleozoic basin : the Permian Basin, USA
- edited by Stephen C. Ruppel.
- Austin, TX : Bureau of Economic Geology ; [Tulsa, OK] : American Association of Petroleum Geologists, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 2 volumes : illustrations (chiefly color), maps (chiefly color) ; 29 cm.
- Report of investigations (University of Texas at Austin. Bureau of Economic Geology) ; no. 285.
- AAPG memoir ; 118.
At the library
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
Library has: v.1 <no.285 in series>
|557.4 .T41R NO.285||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Volume 1. Chapter 1. Anatomy of a Paleozoic basin: the Permian Basin, USA: introduction, overview, and evolution / Stephen C. Ruppel
- Chapter 2. Constraints on structural and tectonic interpretations of the Permian Basin based on gravity and magnetic data / G. Randy Keller
- Chapter 3. Proterozoic foundations of the Permian Basin, West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico: a review / Thomas E. Ewing, Melanie A. Barnes, and Rodger E. Denison
- Chapter 4. Tectonics of the West Texas (Permian) Basin: origins, structural geology, subsidence, and later modification / Thomas E. Ewing
- Chapter 5. Post-Permian history of the greater Permian Basin area / Alton Brown
- Chapter 6. Silurian-Devonian conodont biostratigraphy in the southern midcontinent region of North America / James E. Barrick and Beverly D. Meyer
- Chapter 7. Pennsylvanian and Lower Permian fusulinid biostratigraphy of the Permian Basin region, southwestern USA / Gregory P. Wahlman
- Chapter 8. Conodont biostratigraphy of lower Permian (Wolfcampian-Leonardian) stratotype sections of the Glass and Del Norte Mountains, west Texas, USA / Bruce R. Wardlaw and Merlynd K. Nestell
- Chapter 9. Integrated fusulinid, conodont, and radiolarian biostratigraphy of the Guadalupian (Middle Permian) in the Permian Basin region, USA / Merlynd K. Nestell, Galina P. Nestell, and Bruce R. Wardlaw
- Chapter 10. Geologic review of the lower Ordovician Ellenberger Group of the Permian Basin, west Texas, and southeast New Mexico / Robert G. Loucks and Charles Kerans
- Chapter 11. The Middle-Upper Ordovician Simpson Group of the Permian Basin: stratigraphy, lithofacies, and reservoir development / Rebecca R. Harrington
- Chapter 12. Patterns of Montoya Group (Middle Ordovician) deposition, diagenesis, and reservoir development in the Permian Basin / Rebecca R. Harrington and Stephen C. Ruppel
- Chapter 13. The Fusselman of the Permian Basin: patterns in depositional and diagenetic facies development on a stable platform during the Late Ordovician-Early Silurian icehouse / Stephen C. Ruppel
- Volume 2.
- This two-volume set contains 26 papers covering a breadth of Permian Basin topics, including 4 papers on the basin's structural geology, tectonics, and Precambrian geology; 4 papers on its paleontology and biostratigraphy; 16 on its sedimentology and stratigraphy; 1 on its reservoir systems; and 1 that provides a history and synthesis of the major depositional and deformational events that formed the basin. The goal of this set of papers is to capture, in a single publication, the wealth of information and knowledge about Permian Basin geology that has been generated over the 60 years that have passed since John Galley's early comprehensive paper on the basin in 1958.
- Geology > Permian Basin (Tex. and N.M.)
- Petroleum > Geology > Permian Basin (Tex. and N.M.)
- Geology, Stratigraphic > Permian.
- Hydrocarbon reservoirs > Permian Basin (Tex. and N.M.)
- Permian Basin (Tex. and N.M.)
- Sedimentary basins > Development.
- Geology, Stratigraphic.
- Hydrocarbon reservoirs.
- Permian Geologic Period.
- Petroleum > Geology.
- United States > Permian Basin.
- Géologie > Recherche > Texas (États-Unis)
- Pétrole > Géologie.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Permian Basin, USA
- Bureau of Economic Geology report of investigations ; 285
- AAPG memoir ; 118
- 9781970007404 hardcover
- 1970007400 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: