Maritime security in East and West Africa : a tale of two regions
- Dirk Siebels.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 144 pages : illustrations (some color), color map; 22 cm.
- Palgrave pivot.
- Siebels, Dirk, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Definitions and Available Literature
- Chapter 3: Lubricants for Development
- Chapter 4: A Victimless Crime
- Chapter 5: Growing Together
- Chapter 6: Contrasting Regions
- 7. Conclusion .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book examines the nexus between maritime security and the 'blue economy' in sub-Saharan Africa. In recent years, maritime security issues have received increasing attention, but academic and policy-related discussions are largely limited to counter-piracy operations and, to a smaller extent, problems related to illegal fishing. This project offers an essential addition to the current academic and political discourse, combining a broad range of statistics with primary research and findings from more than 40 interviews with key stakeholders. It provides a unique analysis, recognizing that maritime security is not an end in itself but rather linked to economic and immaterial benefits of a more secure environment at sea.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Palgrave pivot
- 3030226875 hardcover
- 9783030226879 hardcover
- 9783030226886 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: