Agnes de Castro : a tragedy : as it is acted at the Theatre Royal, by His Majesty's servants
- written by a young lady.
- London : printed for H. Rhodes in Fleetstreet, R. Parker at the Royal-Exchange, S. Briscoe, at the corner of Charles-street, in Russel-street, Covent-Garden, 1696.
- Physical description
- , 47,  pages ; 23 cm (4to)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|PR3349 .C22 A66 1696||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Agnes de Castro, a tragedy
- Founded on Aphra Behn's novel of the same name, which was based on S.B. de Brillac's Agnès de Castro.
- In verse.
- At foot of title: Advertisement. The fatal mistake; or, the plot spoil'd: a new play; written by Joseph Haines.
- Introductory poem, "To the author of Agnes de Castro," signed Dela Manly.
- Signatures: [A]⁴ B-G⁴.
- Running title changes from 'Agnes de Castro' to 'Agnes D'Castra' on pages 33-47.
- Publisher's advertisements on 1 page at end.
- English short title catalogue, R13402
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C4801
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Binding: Quarter calf over marbled red boards with gilt embellishments; title stamped gilt on spine; marbled turn-ins; page edges stained red. Provenance: "T. Connolly, bookseller, 10, Up. Ormond Quay, Dublin" (booklabel).
- Related Work
- Adaptation of (work): Behn, Aphra, 1640-1689 Agnes de Castro.
- England -- London, -- publication place.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: