Handbook of research on integrating digital technology with literacy pedagogies
- Pamela M. Sullivan, Jessica L. Lantz, Brian A. Sullivan, editors.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 36 PDFs (636 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1. Theoretical frameworks. Chapter 1. Seeing beyond the screen: a multidimensional framework for understanding digital-age literacies ; Chapter 2. Talking through the design: supporting students' digital video composing processes through dialogic engagement ; Chapter 3. Digital literacies and text structure instruction: benefits, new language demands, and changes to pedagogy ; Chapter 4. Theoretical and practical concerns regarding digital texts in literacy instruction ; Chapter 5. Multimodal information literacy in higher education: critical thinking, technology, and technical skill ; Chapter 6. Colliding pedagogies: a call for diffractive digital literacy teacher education ; Chapter 7. Equity, literacies, and learning in technology-rich makerspaces
- Section 2. Early literacy and technology development. Chapter 8. Steamsational writing: an investigation into using robots to inspire children's narrative skills ; Chapter 9. Bye-bye basal: multimodal texts in the classroom ; Chapter 10. Digital storytelling and young children: transforming learning through creative use of technology ; Chapter 11. Aligning children's books with digital tools for reader response: the text, the tech, and the task ; Chapter 12. Using technology to build interactions within and beyond the literacy classroom ; Chapter 13. Teacher curatorship: fostering literacies with kindergartners using YouTube videos ; Chapter 14. Mathematical literacy and young children: incorporating technology in the early childhood classroom
- Section 3. Advanced literacy and technology development. Chapter 15. Using digital tools for studying about and addressing climate change ; Chapter 16. Game design as literacy-first activity: digital tools with/in literacy instruction ; Chapter 17. Exploring digitally enhanced literacy practices with preservice teachers ; Chapter 18. Examining graduate students' cooperative learning experiences in an online reading course ; Chapter 19. "Nobody really does the reading": rethinking reading accountability using technology tools ; Chapter 20. Online student discussions for social construction of knowledge and dialogue: a review of research ; Chapter 21. A systematic review of video games for second language acquisition ; Chapter 22. Humanizing online assessment: screencasting as a multimedia feedback tool for first generation college students ; Chapter 23. Designing for purpose-driven technology use among preservice English teachers.
- Publisher's Summary
The allure and marketplace power of digital technologies continues to hold sway over the field of education with billions spent annually on technology in the United States alone. Literacy instruction at all levels is influenced by these evolving and ever-changing tools. While this opens the door to innovations in literacy curricula, it also adds a pedagogical responsibility to operate within a well-developed conceptual framework to ensure instruction is complemented or augmented by technology and does not become secondary to it. The Handbook of Research on Integrating Digital Technology With Literacy Pedagogies is a comprehensive research publication that considers the integration of digital technologies in all levels of literacy instruction and prepares the reader for inevitable technological advancements and changes. Covering a wide range of topics such as augmented reality, literacy, and online games, this book is essential for educators, administrators, IT specialists, curriculum developers, instructional designers, teaching professionals, academicians, researchers, education stakeholders, and students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781799802464 hardcover
- 9781799802471 ebook
Browse related items
Start at call number: