The Chinese Communist Party in action : consolidating party rule
- edited by Zheng Yongnian and Lance L.P. Gore.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 287 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- China policy series ; 59.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I Overview,
- 1. The Chinese Communist Party: An Interpretation - Zheng Yongnian,
- 2. China's Communist Party: From Mass to Elite Party - Kjeld Erik Brodsgaard Part II Organizational and Ideological Integration,
- 3. Managing Human Resources to Sustain One-Party Rule - Lance L P Gore,
- 4. Party Chiefs, Formal and Informal Rules and Institutions - Wang Zhengxu and Dragan Pavlicevic,
- 5. Party Spirit: Producing Communist Belief in Contemporary China - Frank N. Pieke, Part III Elite Politics in the Reform Era,
- 6. What is a Faction? - Joseph Fewsmith,
- 7. Politics of Anti-corruption Campaign - Chen Gang, Part IV The Party in State, Society and Economy,
- 8. The Party/Army-State in Great Transformation - You Ji,
- 9. The Party in the Legislature and the Judiciary - Wang Jiangyu,
- 10. The Party in Grassroots Governance - Zhao Litao,
- 11. China's Central State Corporatism: the Party and the Governance of Centrally Controlled Businesses - Li Chen, Part V The Party and Foreign Policy,
- 12. International Department and China's Foreign Policy - Lye Liang Fook,
- 13. The Chinese Communist Party and Restructuring National Security Policymaking - Hu Weixing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Much is written about China and the role of the Chinese Communist Party, but without exploring in detail the nature of the party and how it operates. This book provides an in-depth assessment of the current state of the Chinese Communist Party. It outlines the huge size of the party - 88 million members with 4.3 million organizations at the grassroots level. It sets out how the party has developed over time, how the party is organized and how its ideology is formed and transmitted. It discusses how the party acts in the different areas of China's economy, society and government, at local, regional and national levels. It explores the party's role in the formation of policy, including foreign policy, and assesses the impact of different factions and of the current anti-corruption campaign. Overall, the book demonstrates how embedded the Communist Party is in all aspects of Chinese economy, society and politics, and how its position continues to be consolidated.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- China policy series ; 59
- 9780367198961 hardcover
- 0367198967 hardcover
- 9780429534188 electronic publication
- 9780429243950 electronic book
- 9780429520716 electronic book
- 9780429548888 mobi
Browse related items
Start at call number: