Academic pain medicine : a practical guide to rotations, fellowship, and beyond
- Yury Khelemsky, Anuj Malhotra, Karina Gritsenko, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Mechanisms of Nociceptive Transmission Pharmacology of Pain Transmission and Modulation Development of Pain Systems Designing, Reporting, and Interpreting Clinical Research Studies about Treatments for Pain: Evidence-Based Medicine Animal Models of Pain and Ethics of Animal Experimentation Ethical Standards in Pain Management and Research Assessment and Psychology of Pain Placebo and Pain Clinical Nerve Function Studies and Imaging Epidemiology Psychosocial and Cultural Aspects of Pain Sex and Gender Issues in Pain Treatment of Pain: Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, adverse effects, drug interactions, and indications/contraindications Psychological Treatments Psychiatric Treatment Stimulation-Produced Analgesia Interventional Pain Management Surgical Pain Management Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Taxonomy of Pain Systems Acute Pain Neck Pain Lumbar Radicular Pain Low Back Pain Musculoskeletal Pain
- Muscle and Myofascial Pain.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This comprehensive text is the definitive academic pain medicine resource for medical students, residents and fellows. Acting as both an introduction and continued reference for various levels of training, this guide provides practitioners with up-to-date academic standards. In order to comprehensively meet the need for such a contemporary text-treatment options, types of pain management, and variables affecting specific conditions are thoroughly examined across 48 chapters. Categories of pain conditions include orofacial, neuropathic, visceral, neck, acute, muscle and myofascial, chronic urogenital and pelvic, acute, and regional. Written by renowned experts in the field, each chapter is supplemented with high-quality color figures, tables and images that provide the reader with a fully immersive educational experience. Academic Pain Medicine: A Practical Guide to Rotations, Fellowship, and Beyond is an unprecedented contribution to the literature that addresses the wide-spread requisite for a practical guide to pain medicine within the academic environment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9783030180058 electronic book
- 3030180050 electronic book