Introduction to feminist thought and action : #WTF and how did we get here? : #Whosthatfeminist : #Whatsthatfeminism
- Menoukha Robin Case and Allison V. Craig.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2020.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 276 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introductory Material-- Preface: What's This Book?-- Part One: Stakes and Stories--
- Chapter 1: Stakes--
- Chapter 2: Stories-- Part Two: Ways of Thinking--
- Chapter 3: Cultural Differences--
- Chapter 4: Indigenous Feminisms
- Part Three: Times and Places--
- Chapter 5: Power and Authority--
- Chapter 6: Justice Movements--
- Part 4: Theory Today--
- Chapter 7: Feminist Theories--
- Chapter 8: Feminisms and Theorists--
- Part 5: Activism Today--
- Chapter 9: The Power of Activism--
- Chapter 10: #WTF I Can Do-- Conclusion: Feminism Is-- Contributor Biographies-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Introduction to Feminist Thought and Action is an accessible foundation that whets appetite for further study. It provides a non-US-centric introduction to gender studies, covering topics like 19th-century African, Chinese, and Arab movements, and foregrounds Black and Indigenous feminisms. Several case studies-the Aztecs and the Spanish, Agriculture and Gender, Beauty and Authority, Racial Stereotypes, and US Voting Rights-reveal how the interconnected architecture of privilege and oppression affects issues like globalization, media, and the environment. Feminist theories about race, sexuality, class, disabilities, and more culminate in step-by-step instructions for applying intersectionality and practicing activism. Rich with 19 diverse first-person voices, it brings feminism to life and lives to feminism.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138740969 (hardback)
- 1138740969 (hardback)
- 9781138740976 (pbk.)
- 1138740977 (pbk.)
- 9781315183114 (ebk)
- 9781351727204 (ePub ebook)
- 9781351727211 (PDF ebook)
- 9781351727198 (Mobipocket ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: