Abatement of environmental pollutants : trends and strategies
- edited by Pardeep Singh, Ajay Kumar, Anwesha Borthakur.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands : Elsevier, 2020.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- 1. Bioremediation : a sustainable approach for management of environmental contaminants / Pardeep Singh, Vipin Kumar Singh, Rishikesh Singh, Anwesha Borthakur, Sughosh Madhav, Arif Ahamad, Ajay Kumar, Dan Bahadur Pal, Dhanesh Tiwary, P.K. Mishra
- 2. Pollution status and biodegradation of organophosphate pesticides in the environment / Mohd Ashraf Dar, Garima Kaushik and Juan Francisco Villareal Chiu
- 3. Recent trends in the detection and degradation of organic pollutants / Preetismita Borah, Manish Kumar and Pooja Devi
- 4. Phytoremediation of organic pollutants: current status and future directions / Sachchidanand Tripathi, Vipin Kumar Singh, Pratap Srivastava, Rishikesh Singh, Rajkumari Sanayaima Devi, Arun Kumar, Rahul Bhadouria
- 5. Bioremediation of dyes from textile and dye manufacturing industry effluent / Razia Khan, Vipul Patel and Zeenat Khan
- 6. Mycoremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons / Shalini Gupta and Bhawana Pathak
- 7. Plant growth–promoting rhizobacteria and their functional role in salinity stress management / Akanksha Gupta, Sandeep Kumar Singh, Manoj Kumar Singh, Vipin Kumar Singh, Arpan Modi, Prashant Kumar Singh, Ajay Kumar
- 8. Plant growth–promoting bacteria and their role in environmental management / Divya Singh, Sandeep Kumar Singh, Vipin Kumar Singh, Akanksha Gupta, Mohd Aamir, Ajay Kumar
- 9. Fungi as potential candidates for bioremediation / Rajesh Kumar Singh, Ruchita Tripathi, Amit Ranjan, Akhileshwar Kumar Srivastava
- 10. Cyanobacteria : potential and role for environmental remediation / Priyanka, Cash Kumar, Antra Chatterjee, Wang Wenjing, Deepanker Yadav, Prashant Kumar Singh
- 11. An effective approach for the degradation of phenolic waste : phenols and cresols / Tripti Singh, A.K. Bhatiya, P.K. Mishra, Neha Srivastava
- 12. Environmental fate of organic pollutants and effect on human health / Manita Thakur and Deepak Pathania
- 13. Rhizospheric remediation of organic pollutants from the soil; a green and sustainable technology for soil clean up / Akanksha Gupta, Amit Kumar Patel, Deepak Gupta, Gurudatta Singh, Virendra Kumar Mishra
- 14. The role of scanning probe microscopy in bacteria investigations and bioremediation / Igor V. Yaminsky and Assel I. Akhmetova
- 15. Research progress of biodegradable materials in reducing environmental pollution / Kangming Tian and Muhammad Bilal
- 16. Genetically engineered bacteria for the degradation of dye and other organic compounds / Arvind Kumar, Ajay Kumar, Rishikesh Singh, Raghwendra Singh, Shilpi Pandey, Archana Rai, Vipin Kumar Singh, Bhadouria Rahul.
Abatement of Environmental Pollutants: Trends and Strategies addresses new technologies and provides strategies for environmental scientists, microbiologists and biotechnologists to help solve problems associated with the treatment of industrial wastewater. The book helps readers solve pollution challenges using microorganisms in bioremediation technologies, including discussions on global technologies that have been adopted for the treatment of industrial wastewater and sections on the lack of proper management. Moreover, limited space, more stringent waste disposal regulations and public consciousness have made the present techniques expensive and impractical. Therefore, there is an urgent need to develop sustainable management technologies for industries and municipalities. To remove the damaging effect of organic pollutants on the environment, various new technologies for their degradation have been recently discovered.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.