Fundamentals of molecular structural biology
- Subrata Pal.
- London, United Kingdom : Academic Press, an imprint of Elsevier, 2020.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Pal, Subrata, author.
- 1. Introduction - A historical perspective
- 2. Mathematical tools
- 3. Physical basis of chemistry
- 4. Chemical basis of biology
- 5. Biomacromolecules
- 6. Structure analysis and visualization
- 7. Protein folding
- 8. DNA synthesis: Replication
- 9. Transcription
- 10. RNA processing
- 11. Translation
- 12. DNA damage and repair
- 13. Recombination
- 14. Membrane structure and function
- 15. Fundamentals of structural genomics
- 16. Cell signaling and systems biology
- 17. Macromolecular assemblies
- 18. Computational molecular biology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Fundamentals of Molecular Structural Biology reviews the mathematical and physical foundations of molecular structural biology. Based on these fundamental concepts, it then describes molecular structure and explains basic genetic mechanisms. Given the increasingly interdisciplinary nature of research, early career researchers and those shifting into an adjacent field often require a "fundamentals" book to get them up-to-speed on the foundations of a particular field. This book fills that niche.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780128148563 (electronic bk.)
- 012814856X (electronic bk.)
- 9780128148556 (print)