Orthopaedic trauma surgery
- [edited by] Emil H. Schemitsch, Michael D. McKee.
- Philadelphia : Saunders/Elsevier, c2010.
- Physical description
- online resource (xix, 927 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Emil Schemitsch, MD, FRCS(C), is a multimedia orthopedics resource that offers the how-to step-by-step guidance you needin both atlas and online video formatsto perform all of the latest and best procedures. The large full-color photos and diagrammable illustrations, concise text, included DVD, and companion web video make it simple to find exactly what you need, when you need it. The result is a detailed, easy-to-use reference that no orthopedic surgeon should be without.Includes access to a companion website where you can search the full text of the book, view videos of experts performing techniques, and link to PubMed for further reference.Covers the hottest topics including compartment syndrome, and the latest techniques in locking plates, management of complex periarticular fractures, difficult upper extremity fractures and acute total joint arthroplasty to help you stay on top of your field.Features step-by-step intraoperative photographs demonstrating each technique and radiographs showing presenting problems and post-surgical outcomes so youll know exactly what to do.Highlights key anatomical structures through full-color photographs and interpretive diagrams that present a real-life perspective of cases.Presents surgical tips, pearls and pitfalls from the authors enabling you to enhance your technique and optimize outcomes. Outlines positioning, exposures, instrumentation, and implants to equip you to be more thoroughly prepared for every procedure.Features a hands-on, clinical emphasis, providing just the information and guidance you need.Offers post-operative management guidelines and discussions of expected outcomes to help you avoid mistakes and offer quality patient-focused care.Includes a DVD with videos of experts performing key procedures to help you refine your technique.
- Bone and Bones > injuries
- Bone and Bones > surgery
- Fractures, Bone > surgery
- Life Support Care > methods
- Orthopedic Procedures > methods
- Wounds and Injuries > surgery
- Orthopedic surgery > Atlases.
- Wounds and injuries > Surgery > Atlases.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Operative techniques. Orthopaedic trauma surgery
- Orthopedic trauma surgery
- 1455712795 (electronic bk.)
- 9781455712793 (electronic bk.)