Health and safety in small industry : a practical guide for managers
- Division of Consumer Health Education, Department of Environmental and Community Medicine, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Chelsea, MI : Lewis Publishers, 1989.
- Physical description
- xix, 204 p. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- OVERVIEW OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH. Striving for Safe Conditions in the Workplace. Factors Affecting Safety. Taking a Critical Look at the Work Area. Controlling Safety and Health Hazards in the Workplace. OCCUPATIONAL LEGISLATION. The Occupational Safety and Health Act. OSHA'S Hazard Communication Standard. New Jersey Right to Know Act. SARA Title III. Smoking Legislation for the Workplace. ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATION. Overview. Federal Statutes. New Jersey Statutes. EMPLOYEE SAFETY AND HEALTH AND INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE. Employee Health. Industrial Hygiene. Personal Protective Equipment. Respiratory Protection. Employee Education and Training. Safety and Health Committees. Promoting Employee Health. Sanitation. SOURCES OF INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE. Health and Safety Core Reference Library. OSHA Onsite Consultation for the Employer. OSHA Voluntary Protection Program. NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program. Accredited Laboratories. Clinical Facilities for Evaluating Occupational Illness. Employee Assistance Programs. New Jersey's Workers' Compensation Law. Small Business Association and SCORE Offices. Small Business Resources in New Jersey. APPENDICES.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This easy-to-use new manual guides managers and specialists of small and medium size companies who must comply with State/Federal regulations - to protect both companies and their employees. This practical guide examines new areas of hazardous waste handling and toxic catastrophe prevention, provides responsibilities of federal and state agencies and information sources, and outlines medical, safety, worker education, and industrial hygiene programs - and the resources available to evaluate and correct workplace hazards.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0873711955 : $39.95
Browse related items
Start at call number: