Plum and Posner's Diagnosis and treatment of stupor and coma
- edited by Jerome B. Posner, Clifford B. Saper, Nicholas D. Schiff, and Jan Claassen.
- Fifth edition.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical description
- online resource : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pathophysiology of signs and symptoms of coma
- Examination of the comatose patient
- Structural causes of stupor and coma
- Specific causes of structural coma
- Metabolic and diffuse encephalopathies: disruption of the internal milieu
- Psychogenic unresponsiveness
- Initial management of patients with stupor and coma
- Management of frequently encountered causes of unconsciousness
- Prognosis in coma and related disorders of consciousness and mechanisms underlying outcomes
- Brain death.
- The fifth edition of 'Plum and Posner's Diagnosis and Treatment of Stupor and Coma' provides a comprehensive overview of the theory behind regulation of consciousness in humans, the mechanisms of loss of consciousness clinically, and the examination and diagnosis of the cause of loss of consciousness in patients. New sections provide the latest information on the treatment of comatose patients, brain death, recovery from structural coma, and the ethics of dealing with comatose patients.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Diagnosis and treatment of stupor and coma
- Contemporary neurology series ; #94
- Plum and Posner's Diagnosis of stupor and coma 04 2007
- 9780190208882 (updf)
- 9780190208899 (epub)
- 0190208872 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780190208875 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0190208902 (online ebook)
- 9780190208905 (online ebook)