The U.S. Naval Institute on naval innovation
- edited by John E. Jackson.
- Annapolis, MD : U.S. Naval Institute, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- U.S. Naval Institute wheel books.
- Jackson, John E., Captain.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Editor's note
- Part I: The innovation imperative.
- 1. Innovation: the father of all necessity ;
- 2. A time to innovate, a time to steal ;
- 3. Recapturing our creative DNA ;
- 4. Adapt, innovate, and adapt some more ;
- 5. Payloads over platforms: charting a new course ;
- 6. Making room for risk: managing disruptive technologies
- Part II: The unmanned revolution.
- 7. A few disruptive thoughts ;
- 8. Disruptive technologies: the Navy's way forward ;
- 9. Aye, Navy robot ;
- 10. Drones to the rescue! ;
- 11. How to fight an unmanned war ;
- 12. Unmanned, unseen, and under the sea
- Part III: Cyber, the most disruptive technology.
- 13. The Navy's newest warfighting imperative ;
- 14. A new era in naval warfare ;
- 15. Creating cyber warriors
- Part IV: Thoughts on possible futures.
- 16. The time for lasers is now ;
- 17. The railgun advantage ;
- 18. Print me a cruiser ;
- 19. Secretary of Defense letter establishing the Defense Innovation Initiative
- About the editor.
Technological changes are inevitable, often of great benefit, and they must be understood by all maritime leaders. Since the Navy's beginnings, it has created, adapted, rejected, and sometimes grudgingly accepted new technologies. This entry into the Wheel Book series considers the nature of technological innovation in the U.S. Navy, and it discusses the manner in which the Navy is currently adopting new technologies like robotic and autonomous systems, CYBER, and LASERS.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- United States. Navy > Officers' handbooks.
- United States. Navy.
- Naval art and science > Technological innovations > United States.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING > Marine & Naval.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING > Military Science.
- Naval art and science > Technological innovations.
- United States.
- Publication date
- U.S. Naval Institute wheel books
- 9781612518541 (electronic bk.)
- 1612518540 (electronic bk.)