Beneath the stream
- Jan Owen.
- [Belfast, Maine] : Jan Owen, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 scroll (6 leaves) ; 63 x 30 cm unrolled; in box 9 x 32 x 8 cm + 3 leaves (28 x 22 cm)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .O945 B46 2018 F||In-library use|
- Owen, Jan, artist.
- Arnold, Matthew, 1822-1888, author.
- Frankl, Viktor E. (Viktor Emil), 1905-1997, author.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941, author.
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862, author.
- Dickinson, Emily, 1830-1886, author.
- Neruda, Pablo, 1904-1973, author.
- Tagliabue, John, 1923-2006, author.
- Rilke, Rainer Maria, 1875-1926, author.
- Murdoch, Iris, author.
- Scroll on blue and pale gold Hollytex polyester designed to be hung from a cord. Calligraphy text is presented in both English and binary code in acrylics and sumi ink.
- Publication date
- Title from box lid.
- Signed and dated 2018 on tube.
- Place of publication from artist's website.
- With 3 loose leaves which provide the texts written in binary code on the scroll. The theme is mortality, and authors include Matthew Arnold, Viktor Frankl, Virginia Woolf, Henry David Thoreau, Emily Dickinson, Pablo Neruda, John Tagliabue, Rainer Maria Rilke, and Iris Murdoch.
- Scroll wrapped in yellow Hollytex polyester, housed in box covered with blue pastepaper with gold paper label hand-lettered in black ink.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #7650.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: