M.F.A. Program in Documentary Film and Video. Thesis 2019
- video file.DVD video.all regions.
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 132 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Library has: disc 1-
- Wen, Ellie, film director.
- Bae, Jun, film director.
- Tejero Núñez, Laura, film director.
- Das Sabu, Dinesh, film director.
- Chamberlain, Jake, film director.
- Legge, Whitney, film director.
- Szász, Barna, film director.
- Pedrosa e Melo, Inês, film director.
- Stanford University. Department of Art and Art History.
- The Missfits / by Ellie Wen (20:53)
- Turf Nation / by Jun Bae (13:10)
- Frida / by Laura Tejero Núñez (18:39)
- Srkana (the stop) / by Dinesh Das Sabu (12:49)
- For the Love of God / by Jake Chamberlain (19:17)
- Pigeon Girl / by Whitney Legge (10:56)
- Let’s Talk? / by Barna Szász (18:54)
- Variations / by Inês Pedrosa e Melo (12:25)
The Missfits: An all-girls robotics team competes to smash stereotypes and prove themselves in a male-dominated field, while also trying to get through high school
Turf Nation: Turfing is an Oakland-born dance form that combines roots in gang culture with elements of tutting, gliding and bone breaking. Turf Nation follows the street dancers' lifestyle as told through their daily train shows and their own directed short films
Frida: In 2017, when the strongest earthquake in a century hits Mexico, 12-year-old Frida survives under the rubble of an elementary school. Through 24-hour media coverage the whole country follows every step of her rescue
Srkana (the stop): In the middle of nowhere on the Oklahoma-Texas border, a truck stop run by a Punjabi family is a nexus for a small but growing community of Indian long-haul truck drivers
For the Love of God: A group of Mormons cruise to Mexico to tour the Mayan ruins and validate their beliefs
Pigeon Girl: Maryam is a 10-year old girl with a love that borders on obsession. In this coming of age story, she embarks on a mission to protect and save injured pigeons
Let’s Talk?: Concerned by the growing political divide and the violent debates on his college campus, a student tries the impossible: to create dialogue between conservative and liberal students
- Variations: An exploration of the trials and tribulations of becoming a professional dancer
- Publication date
- Submitted to the Department of Art & Art History
- Copyright by the filmmakers
- Thesis films; M.F.A. Program in Documentary Film and Video -- Stanford University, 2019
- Included Work
- Turf Nation.
- Srkana (the stop).
- For the Love of God.
- Pigeon Girl.
- Let’s Talk?
Browse related items
Start at call number: