My mighty journey : a waterfall's story
- words by John Coy and pictures by Gaylord Schanilec.
- [Stockholm, Wisconsin] : Midnight Paper Sales, 2019.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (40 unnumbered pages) : color illustrations ; 57 x 68 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .S34 M96 2019 FF||In-library use|
- Coy, John, 1958- author.
- Schanilec, Gaylord, book artist, illustrator.
- Degener, Amanda, papermaker.
- Nylander, Paul, contributor.
- Eijadi, Barbara, contributor.
- Douglas, Sorcha, contributor.
- Pressprich, Emily, contributor.
- Lapcinski, Greta, contributor.
- Fobbe, Paris, contributor.
- Macalin, Rayan, contributor.
- Mulcare, Kerri, 1988- contributor.
- Janda, Ellen, contributor.
- Koch, Hans, contributor.
- Midnight Paper Sales Press, publisher.
- Cave Paper (Firm), papermaker.
- Saint Anthony Falls (Minn.) > Pictorial works.
- Mississippi River > Pictorial works.
- Artists' books > United States > Specimens.
- Artists' books.
- Minnesota > Saint Anthony Falls.
- Mississippi River.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Statement of responsibility from colophon.
- Edition of 40 copies.
- "With Paul Nylander & Barbara Eijadi, Sorcha Douglas, Emily Pressprich, Greta Lapcinski, Paris Fobbe, Rayan Macalin, Kerri Mulcare, Ellen Janda, & Hans Koch"--Colophon.
- Sixteen color prints mounted on handmade paper, with text printed on verso of paper, and interleaved with protective translucent blank sheets; printed colophon sheet mounted to final leaf of handmade paper; bound in suminagashi paper over boards, sewn on 10 cords, with uncovered spine, revealing sewing structure.
- Pagination includes blank leaf at beginning.
- "The images were printed using blocks made from material collected along the banks of the Mississippi River where the waterfall traveled up the river gorge. The blocks also include wood cuts, wood engravings, and the occasional photo polymer plate. Images were printed on Mohawk Superfine paper, and text on handmade Cave paper from handset ATF Bernhard Gothic foundry type. The suminigoshi cover art was created by Amanda Degener."--Colophon.
- Issued in a cloth-covered clamshell wood box (61 x 71 x 6 cm)
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy number 4 of 40.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: