Ella Fitzgerald : Ken Burns jazz
- Universal City, Calif : Verve : Distributed by Universal Music and Video Distribution, ℗2000.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
For use in Music Library
|MCD 79331||In process|
- Fitzgerald, Ella. Performer
- Webb, Chick. Conductor
- Schoen, Vic. Conductor
- Doggett, Bill, 1916-1996. Performer
- Oliver, Sy. Conductor
- Bregman, Buddy. Conductor
- Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971. Performer
- Weston, Paul. Conductor
- May, Billy. Conductor
- Basie, Count, 1904-1984. Performer
- A-tisket, a-tasket (2:37) ; Vote for Mr. Rhythm (2:25) / (Chick Webb and his orchestra)
- Betcha nickel (2:52) / (Ella Fitzgerald and her Famous Orchestra)
- Flying home (2:27) / (Vic Schoen and orchestra)
- Nice work if you can get it (2:36)
- Smooth sailing (3:04) / (Bill Doggett and orchestra)
- Lullaby of Birdland (2:49) / (Sy Oliver and orchestra)
- Night and day (3:04) / (Buddy Bregman and orchestra)
- Let's call the whole thing off (4:11) / (Louis Armstrong, vocal)
- Sophisticated lady (5:19)
- Oh, lady, be good! (4:00)
- Blue skies (3:43) / (Paul Weston and orchestra)
- Mack the Knife (4:44)
- How high the moon (7:02)
- Blues in the night (7:11) / (Billy May and orchestra)
- (You'll have to swing it) Mr. Paganini (4:03)
- A night in Tunisia (4:07)
- Shiny stockings (3:32) / (Count Basie and his orchestra).
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Ken Burns jazz
- Title on container: Definitive Ella Fitzgerald
- Issued in conjunction with the PBS documentary; all songs previously released.
- Compact disc.
- Biographical notes by Phil Bailey ( p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Production Credits
- Compilation produced by Richard Seidel and Ben Young.
- Ella Fitzgerald, vocals ; with additional musicians.
- Recorded 1938-1963.
- Related Work
- Jazz (Television program)
- Publisher Number
- 314 549 087-2 Verve Music Group
- 314 549 087-2 Verve
Browse related items
Start at call number: