Trouble in mind
- Big Bill Broonzy.
- digital; optical; stereo
- 1.4 m/s
- audio file
- CD audio
- Washington, DC : Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, 
- Copyright notice
- ℗2000, ©2000
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Hey, hey baby (2:51)
- Frankie and Johnny / Richard Jones (2:06)
- Trouble in mind (3:16)
- Joe Turner no. 2 : Blues of 1890 (5:13)
- Mule-ridin' blues (3:42)
- When will I get to be called a man (2:17)
- Poor Bill's blues (3:12)
- Key to the highway / B. Broonzy ; C. Segar (2:32)
- Plough-hand blues (3:24)
- Digging my potatoes (2:57)
- When things go wrong (it hurts me too) / Hudson Whittaker (2:57)
- C.C. Rider (2:32)
- Saturday evening blues (3:32)
- Shuffle rag (2:04)
- Southbound train (4:48)
- Hush, somebody's calling me (3:58)
- Louise (3:58)
- Black, brown, and white : spoken introduction (1:25)
- Black, brown, and white : sung (2:41)
- Willie Mae blues (3:27)
- This train : spoken introduction (1:21)
- This train : Bound for glory : sung (2:59)
- In the evening : spoken introduction (1:05)
- In the evening when the sun goes down : sung / Leroy Carr ; Don Raye (4:22).
- Trouble in Mind captures acoustic blues guitarist Big Bill Broonzy late in his long career, but still outspoken in song. With a mix of controversial songs, rural blues, and spirituals, this CD showcases his brilliant vocals and intricate guitar work.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title from disc label.
- Country blues and rags chiefly by Big Bill Broonzy.
- Previously released recordings; "[m]ost of the material comes from a New York session ... released as [Big] Bill Broonzy sings country blues (Folkways 31005) "--Insert, page 3.
- Program notes by Jeff Place with lyrics, discography and bibliography (32 pages : illustrations) inserted in container.
- Big Bill Broonzy, vocals, guitar ; Pete Seeger, banjo (track 22).
- Originally recorded by Studs Terkel and WFMT Radio, Chicago in 1956-57 and by Charles Edward Smith and Moses Asch, New York, 1957; This train and In the evening recorded live at Northwestern University.
- Included Work
- Bill Broonzy sings country blues.
- Big Bill Broonzy sings country blues.
- Publisher number
- SFW CD 40131 Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- 31005 Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
Browse related items
Start at call number: