Flowering plants. Asteraceae. Part 2
- Robert H. Mohlenbrock ; illustrated by Paul W. Nelson.
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 305 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm.
- Illustrated flora of Illinois.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 297) and indexes.
- Descriptions and illustrations
- Tribe Heliantheae
- Tribe Senecioneae
- Excluded species.
Flowering Plants: Asteraceae, Part 3 is the third and final volume in botanist Robert H. Mohlenbrock's comprehensive sequence of books on the aster family in Illinois. In this volume, Mohlenbrock identifies 128 species in 49 genera with 11 hybrids and 57 lesser taxa. He provides an easy-to-use key to the genera and species and a complete description and nomenclatural and habitat notes for each plant, including its uses, if applicable. The book details the most important features of the species and includes common, locally used names. Synonyms that have been applied to species and lesser taxa in Illinois are given under each species. In addition, Mohlenbrock has identified the overall range for each species in Illinois, compiled from various sources, including examinations of herbarium material and Mohlenbrock's own field studies. The overall range for each species is given from the northeastern to the northwestern extremities, south to the southwestern limit, then eastward to the southeastern limit. As important to amateurs interested in wildflower identification as to professional botanists and land planners, this last volume of Mohlenbrock's Asteraceae is an essential addition to the esteemed Illustrated Flora of Illinois series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- The illustrated flora of Illinois
- 9780809337293 paperback alkaline paper
- 0809337290 paperback alkaline paper
- 9780809337309 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: