Advancing mobile learning in contemporary educational spaces
- Dominic Mentor, editor.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 19 PDFs (394 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. A case for leveraging mobile learning in action learning teams
- Chapter 2. Developing an "app-titude" for cooking: helping adults promote positive cooking skills with children via mobile web-based accessible media
- Chapter 3. Mobile-assisted language learning from language instructors' perspectives
- Chapter 4. Mhealth interventions for self-management of chronic disease
- Chapter 5. Mobile phones for assessment: anywhere, anytime, by anyone
- Chapter 6. Visualizing the evolution of mobile learning research
- Chapter 7. Electronic and mobile learning for workforce development
- Chapter 8. Power up learning with mobile games: the educational arcade an innovative approach to learning
- Chapter 9. Machitia: an educator-focused liberation platform for education
- Chapter 10. M-learning apps for film studies: an approach towards self-determined learning
- Chapter 11. Utilizing mobile learning for orphans aging out: orphan youth development in Peru with universal lessons
- Chapter 12. Mobile apps, universal Design, and accessibility in schools: creating an inclusive classroom experience.
Mobile learning is an educational strategy that uses mobile technologies in order to promote and enable learning. Mobile learning also encompasses efforts to support broad educational goals across numerous fields as it caters to the effective administration of learning systems and more improved communication between educational institutions, students, and their families. Advancing Mobile Learning in Contemporary Educational Spaces is a critical scholarly book that provides current research on the applications of mobile and handheld technologies in education. Highlighting the use of mobile technologies across multiple discipline areas such as healthcare, language learning, and film studies, this book is excellent for practitioners, educators, educational policymakers, administrators, instructional designers, learning and development professionals, medical and mental health practitioners, academicians, and researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781522593515 h/c
- 9781522593522 s/c
- 9781522593539 eISBN