The Argentinian dictatorship and its legacy : rethinking the "Proceso"
- Juan Grigera, Luciana Zorzoli, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 213 pages : illustrations, color map ; 22 cm.
- Studies of the Americas.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction Juan Grigera and Luciana Zorzoli
- 2. A Foundation of Terror: Tucuman and the Proceso, 1975-1983 James H. Shrader
- 3. Anti-subversive repression and dictatorship in Argentina: An approach from Northern Patagonia Pablo Scatizza
- 4. Economic policy and global change: the puzzle of industrial policy under the Proceso Juan Grigera
- 5. Law-making and Federalism in Argentina's Last Dictatorship Alejandro Bonvecchi and Emilia Simison
- 6. State, Filmmaking, and Sexuality during the Military Dictatorship in Argentina (1976-1983) Debora D'Antonio
- 7. Rethinking Trade Unions Luciana Zorzoli
- 8. Peronism in the Transition and Peronism in Transition: from the End of the Reorganization Process to the Peronist Renovation (1981-1989) Joaquin Baeza Belda
- 9. Malvinas/Falklands War. Changes in the idea of Nationhood, the local and national, in a post dictatorship context. Argentina,
- 1982 -
- 2007 Federico Lorenz.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of the renewal of academic engagement in the Argentinian dictatorship in the context of the post-2001 crisis. Significant social and judicial changes and the opening of archives have led to major revisions of the research dedicated to this period. As such, the contributors offer a unique presentation to an English-speaking audience, mapping and critiquing these developments and widening the recent debates in Argentina about the legacy of the dictatorship in this long-term perspective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Studies of the Americas
- 'The essays in this volume largely derive from presentations at the "Rethinking the "Proceso." The Argentinian dictatorship in perspective (1976-1983)" Conference held at the Institute of Americas, University College London, March 24, 2016.'--Page v.
- 9783030183004 (hardcover)
- 3030183009 (hardcover)
- 9783030183011 (PDF ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: