Homesick, that's all
- Jenkins. The night is young and you're so beautiful / Rose-Kahal-Suesse. For musicians only (A musical treatise on Jazz) : Traditional.
- analog; vinyl; 78 rpm; course groove; mono.
- [Hollywood, Calif.] ; [New York] : Vdisc, 
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|VDISC 564 ARMY RELEASE BB||In-library use|
- Stordahl, Axel, conductor.
- Freeman, Bud, 1906-1991, conductor.
- Jenkins, Gordon, lyricist.
- Kahal, Irving, 1903-1942, lyricist.
- Rose, Billy, 1899-1966, lyricist.
- Freeman, Bud, 1906-1991, narrator.
- Sinatra, Frank, 1915-1998, performer.
- Shore, Dinah, 1917-1994, performer.
- Freeman, Bud, 1906-1991, performer.
- Lawson, Yank, performer.
- Mustarde, Bill, performer.
- Hucko, Peanuts, performer.
- Weed, Buddy, performer.
- Mastren, Carmen, performer.
- Alpert, Trigger, 1916-2013, performer.
- McKinley, Ray, performer.
- Sinatra, Frank, 1915-1998, sponsor.
- Axel Stordahl's Orchestra, performer.
- V-Disc Jumpers, performer.
- CBS Radio Network, broadcaster.
- Included Work
- Contains: Jenkins, Gordon. Homesick, that's all.
- Contains: Suesse, Dana, 1909-1987. Night is young and you're so beautiful.
- Publication date
- Title from disc label.
- Vdisc: 564 (Army Release BB) ; matrix nos.: VP 1586, VP 1595 (on label) ; VP-1586-D5-TC-1409-1C, VP-1595-D5-TC-1428-1C (on run-out).
- Duration: [5:06] (side A) ; [4:31] (side B)
- Sears, Richard S. V-discs: a history and discography, p. 811 (1st-2nd works) ; p. 327 (3rd work).
- 1st-2nd works: Frank Sinatra, vocals ; with Axel Stordahl and his orchestra. 2nd work only: Dinah Shore, vocals. 3rd work: Bud Freeman and the V-Disc Jumpers (Bud Freeman, narrator and tenor sax ; Yank Lawson, trumpet ; Bill Mustarde, trombone ; Peanuts Hucko, clarinet ; Buddy Weed, piano ; Carmen Mastren, guitar ; Trigger Alpert, [double] bass ; Ray McKinley, drums).
- CBS broadcast "Frank Sinatra show" CBS Playhouse, Hollywood, Calif. 26 September 1945 (1st-2nd works) ; V-disc recording session RCA Victor studios, New York, N. Y. 4 October 1945 (3rd work).
- Related Work
- Frank Sinatra show (Radio program)
- Included Work
- Night is young and you're so beautiful.
- For musicians only (A musical treatise on Jazz).
- Publisher Number
- 564 Vdisc
- Army Release BB Vdisc
- VP 1586 Vdisc
- VP 1595 Vdisc
- VP-1586-D5-TC-1409-1C Vdisc
- VP-1595-D5-TC-1428-1C Vdisc