Into each life
- Roberts-Fisher. It don't mean a thing / Mills-Ellington. Embraceable you / Ira & George Gershwin. What is this thing called love / Porter.
- analog; shellac; 78 rpm; course groove; mono.
- [New York] ; [London, England] ; [Hollywood, Calif.] : Vdisc, [1939, 1944]
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|VDISC 365 ARMY RELEASE Q||In-library use|
- Roberts, Allan, 1905-1966, lyricist.
- Mills, Irving, 1894-1985, lyricist.
- Gershwin, Ira, 1896-1983, lyricist.
- Porter, Cole, 1891-1964, lyricist.
- Fitzgerald, Ella, performer.
- Addison, Bernard, performer.
- Cole, Nat King, 1919-1965, performer.
- Moore, Oscar, performer.
- Miller, Johnny (Double bassist), performer.
- Ink Spots (Musical group), performer.
- Mills Brothers, performer.
- King Cole Trio, performer.
- Included Work
- Contains: Fisher, Doris, 1915-2003. Into each life some rain must fall.
- Contains: Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974. It don't mean a thing.
- Contains: Gershwin, George, 1898-1937. Girl crazy. Embraceable you.
- Contains: Porter, Cole, 1891-1964. Wake up and dream. What is this thing called love?
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title from disc label.
- Vdisc: 365 (Army Release Q) ; matrix nos.: VP 1004, VP 1006 (on label) ; XP 33795, XP 33797 (on run-out).
- Duration: [5:38] (side A) ; [6:01] (side B)
- Sears, Richard S. V-discs: a history and discography, p. 457 (1st work) ; p. 644 (2nd work) ; p. 145 (3rd-4th works).
- 1st work: Ella Fitzgerald and the Ink Spots, vocals. 2nd work: Mills Brothers ; [Bernard Addison, guitar]. 3rd-4th works: King Cole Trio. [Nat King Cole, vocals (3rd work only) and piano ; Oscar Moore, guitar ; Johnny Miller, bass (4th work only)]
- Recorded Decca recording session, Decca Records studios, New York, N. Y. 1944 August 30 (1st work) ; Recorded Brunswick recording session, Decca Records studios, London, England 1939 February 18 (2nd work) ; Recorded Hollywood, Calif. approximately mid-1944 (3rd-4th works).
- Included Work
- Into each life some rain must fall
- It don't mean a thing.
- Embraceable you.
- What is this thing called love?
- Publisher Number
- 365 Vdisc
- Army Release Q Vdisc
- VP 1004 Vdisc
- VP 1006 Vdisc
- XP 33795 Vdisc
- XP 33797 Vdisc