Cellular physiology and neurophysiology
- edited by Mordecai P. Blaustein, Joseph P.Y. Kao, Donald R. Matteson.
- Third edition
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier/Mosby, ©2020.
- Physical description
- online resource : illustrations.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : homeostasis and cellular physiology
- Diffusion and permeability
- Osmotic pressure and water movement
- Electrical consequences of ionic gradients
- Ion channels
- Passive electrical properties of membranes
- Generation and propagation of the action potential
- Ion channel diversity
- Electrochemical potential energy and transport processes
- Passive solute transport
- Active transport
- Synaptic physiology I
- Synaptic physiology II
- Molecular motors and the mechanism of muscle contraction
- Excitation-contraction coupling in muscle
- Mechanics of muscle contraction.
- Gain a quick and easy understanding of this complex subject with the 2nd edition of this title by doctors Mordecai P. Blaustein, Joseph PY Kao, and Donald R. Matteson. The expanded and thoroughly updated content in this Mosby Physiology Monograph Series title bridges the gap between basic biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, neuroscience, and organ and systems physiology, providing the rich, clinically oriented coverage you need to master the latest concepts in neuroscience. See how cells function in health and disease with extensive discussion of cell membranes, action potentials, membrane proteins/transporters, osmosis, and more. Reference key abbreviations, symbols, and numerical constants at a glance with new appendices.
- Publication date
- Mosby physiology monograph series
- Revised edition of: Cellular physiology / Mordecai P. Blaustein, Joseph P.Y. Kao, Donald R. Matteson. c2012.
- 0323596193 pbk.
- 9780323596190 pbk
- 0323596207 ebk
- 9780323596206 ebk