Deadlocked : Yemen's civil war
- CNN Vision.
- English, Arabic. In English with some passages in Arabic with English subtitles.
- video file.
- Atlanta, GA : CNN Newsource Sales, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Cable News Network, production company.
- After three years of civil war, Yemen is the world's worst humanitarian crisis. Deadlocked between Iran-backed Houthi rebels and the Yemeni government propped up by a Saudi-led coalition, more than 8,000 people have been killed and close to one third of the population is near starvation. CNN's Nic Robertson secured rare, exclusive access inside war-ravaged Yemen to meet the people whose daily lives have been shattered. His journey takes him to the overflowing city of Mar'ib, where soldiers overlook the rebel-held capital of Sana'a and doctors struggle to care for airstrike victims. He meets former child soldiers, kidnapped and forced to fight, now struggling to process unspeakable atrocities. Countless stories of suffering and frustration are revealed as the journey leads to the port city of Aden, where Robertson puts the tough questions to the Yemeni prime minister. As the trip comes to a close, a glimmer of hope emerges, when university students demonstrate their ingenuity by using a 3D printer and YouTube videos provide prosthetics for victims of war.
- Publication date
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 30, 2019).
- Reporter: Nic Robertson.