Anatomy, imaging and surgery of the intracranial dural venous sinuses
- Editor-in-Chief, R. Shane Tubbs.
- St. Louis, Missouri : Elsevier, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 241 pages)
- Tubbs, R. Shane, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 The Embryology of the Dural Venous Sinus: An Overview
- 2 The Superior Sagittal Sinus
- 3 Inferior Sagittal Sinus
- 4 The Transverse Sinus
- 5 The Sigmoid Sinus
- 6 The Occipital Sinus
- 7 The Torcular Herophili (Confluence of Sinuses)
- 8 The Tentorial Sinuses
- 9 Falcine Venous Plexus
- 10 The Straight Sinus
- 11 The Inferior Petrosal Sinus
- 12 The Superior Petrosal Sinus
- 13 The Basilar Plexus
- 14 The Marginal Sinus
- 15 The Cavernous Sinus
- 16 The Intercavernous Sinuses
- 17 The Sphenoparietal Sinus
- 18 The Lateral Lacunae
- 19 The Petrosquamosal Sinus
- 20 The Emissary Veins
- 21 Sinus Pericranii
- 22 The Inferior Petrooccipital Vein
- 23 Dural Venous Sinus Connections to the Vertebral Venous Plexus
- 24 Diploic Veins
- 25 Variations of the Intracranial Dural Venous Sinuses
- 26 Imaging Techniques for the Dural Venous Sinuses
- 27 Surgical Nuances in Management of Intracranial Venous Sinus Injuries.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This first-of-its-kind volume focuses on the anatomy, imaging, and surgery of the dural venous sinuses and the particular relevance to neurosurgery and trauma surgery. Knowledge of the fine clinical anatomy involved in neurosurgery and skull base surgery has progressed greatly in recent years, and this title reflects new information of particular importance to neurosurgeons, trauma surgeons, neurologists, interventional radiologists, and others who need a complete, up-to-date understanding of this complex anatomical area. Provides thorough coverage of the clinical anatomy of the dural venous sinuses, highlighted by 250 clear, high-quality illustrations and clinical photographs. Covers imaging techniques and surgery in separate chapters following extensive anatomy coverage. Presents the knowledge and experience of recognized experts and authors in the field. Consolidates today's available information and guidance into a single, convenient resource.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780323681933 (electronic bk.)
- 032368193X (electronic bk.)