Church Missionary Society archive
- Wiltshire, UK : Adam Matthew, -
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Church Missionary Society.
- This module of "Research source" is a rich repository of source materials on the work of this globally influential organisation, founded in 1799 as an Anglican evangelical movement and still active today. Scholars of missiology and global history will find this varied archive an invaluable research resource. It includes records of both the CMS and the many other missionary societies which have become associated or amalgamated with it over its lifetime. Highlights include: Central records of the CMS and papers of key individuals associated with it; Records of the the Loochoo Naval Mission (1843-1864), the first recorded Anglican and Protestant mission in Japan; Archive of the Society for Promoting Female Education in China, India and the East; Records of the Church of England Zenana Missionary Society. "Research source" provides digital access to over 8 million pages of primary source materials selected from the extensive microfilm back catalogue of Adam Matthew Publications
- Church Missionary Society > Archives > Databases.
- Church of England > Missions > Databases.
- Anglicans > Missions > Databases.
- Missions > Educational work > China > History > Sources > Databases.
- Missions > Educational work > India > History > Sources > Databases.
- Women > Education > China > History > Sources > Databases.
- Women > Education > India > History > Sources > Databases.
- Missions > Educational work > Africa > History > Sources > Databases.
- Women > Education > Africa > History > Sources > Databases
- Database topics
- Religious Studies
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- HTML title metatag: Church Missionary Society - Research Source
- Related Work
- Contained in (work): Research source.