Good neighbourhood treaties of Poland : political, security and social relations
- Karina Paulina Marczuk, editor.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 262 pages ; 22 cm
- Marczuk, Karina Paulina editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Karina Paulina Marczuk
- Foundations of the good neighbourhood policy of the Republic of Poland / Dariusz Popławski
- Good neighbourhood treaties and public diplomacy : Polish activities in neighbouring states (2007-2014) / Karina Paulina Marczuk
- The 1991 Polish-German Treaty : origin, aims, and implementation : success, failures, and prospects in the context of the migration Crisis in Europe / Józef M. Fiszer
- Objectives and outcomes of the 1991 German-Polish Treaty on Good Neighbourhood and Friendly Cooperation in Light of the Intra-European Dispute on the 2015-2018 migration crisis / Jens Boysen
- The role of the education sector in relations between Poland and Germany, 1991-2016 / Rafał Ulatowski
- Security as an element of good neighbourhood policy in Central Europe : case study : Polish-Slovak relations after 1990 / Łukasz Lewkowicz
- Slovak-Polish relations after 1989 : Slovak perceptions / Juraj Marušiak
- Security as an element of good neighbourhood policy in Central Europe : the case of Polish-Czech relations after 1990 / Radosław Zenderowski
- On human trafficking, Schengen visas and drunken workers : Czech media representations of Poland in light of three migration issues after 2013 / Ondřej Daniel
- Relations of Polish authorities with the Polish diaspora in the (post)-Soviet space / Paweł Hut
- The Polish-Lithuanian Treaty on Neighbourly Relations of 1994 and the Polish-Russian Treaty on Neighbourly Relations of 1992 in the context of international protection of the rights of national minorities / Andrzej Wierzbicki
- Treaty on Friendship and Neighbourhood Cooperation Between Poland and Russia : implementation and challenges (a Russian perspective) / Natalia G. Zaslavskaya
- 1994 Treaty Between the Republic of Poland and the Republic of Lithuania on Friendly Relations and Neighbourly Cooperation : success and new challenges / Gediminas Kazėnas
- Poland and Belarus 26 years after the signing of the Treaty on Good Neighbourhood and Friendly Cooperation / Józef Tymanowski
- Treaty between Ukraine and the Republic of Poland on good neighbourhood, friendly relations and cooperation : implementation and today's challenges / Lyudmila Kurguzenkova
- Conclusions / Karina Paulina Marczuk.
This volume explores the bilateral treaties concluded after 1990 between the Republic of Poland and its neighbouring states (Germany, then-Czechoslovakia, Ukraine, the Russian Federation, Belarus and Lithuania), known as treaties on neighbourly relations or good neighbourhood treaties. These treaties, through which Poland and its neighbours were able to establish their political, security and social relations, were extremely significant in that they provided a unique way for them to organise their interstate post-Cold War relations. This book analyses the consequences of these treaties and addresses a variety of issues, including security policy and cooperation, migration, national minority rights, economic cooperation, education, and cross-border cooperation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Good neighborhood treaties of Poland
- 3030126145 hardcover
- 9783030126148 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: