Gender issues in technical and vocational education programs
- Shashi Bala and Puja Singhal, editors.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, [c2019]
- Physical description
- 26 PDFs (318 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1. Understanding human resource skilling through vocational and Training programs.
- Chapter 1. Gender gap in skill development: an analytical review ;
- Chapter 2. Youth participation in the national development plan through technical and vocational education and training: the case of young black women in South Africa ;
- Chapter 3. Gender issues and priorities in Republic of Belarus ;
- Chapter 4. Gender issues in vocational education and training in India: imperatives and challenges ;
- Chapter 5. Skill challenge in Bengaluru's garment industry: a gender perspective
- Section 2. Promoting gender equity through skill development.
- Chapter 6. Gender equity and social inclusion: holistic approach to education, training, and labor market demand ;
- Chapter 7. Vocational education and training for women: a gender divide perspective ;
- Chapter 8. How Bangladesh is increasing the employability of females with technical training programs ;
- Chapter 9. Skill acquisition and entrepreneurial intention among corp members in southwestern Nigeria ;
- Chapter 10. Skill development, skill premium, and technological change: a gender-based approach ;
- Chapter 11. Significant influences of digital literacy to promote gender equity and equality in education: digital literacy perspective ;
- Chapter 11. Gender-responsive TVET framework: an Indian perspective.
Technical and vocational education helps to empower marginalized sections of society by increasing their employability. However, access to skills training provided by formal technical and vocational institutions is often limited for these sections of society. Women from poor communities are especially disadvantaged in this regard due to community or family beliefs that undermine their potential for career development and economic independence. Gender Issues in Technical and Vocational Education Programs is an essential critical resource that probes the issue of gender equity in specialized educational programs, such as vocational or technical education programs. It also presents global initiatives that are being undertaken to enhance the access to technical and vocational education programs to all citizens. Featuring coverage on topics such as digital economy, skill development, and STEM education, this book is ideal for academicians, researchers, social scientists, educators, policymakers, government officials, and professionals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781522584445 eISBN
- 9781522584438 h/c
- 9781522585008 s/c