Pesticide risk assessment
- edited by Sumitra Arora, Principal Scientist, ICAR-National Research Centre for Integrated Pest Management, Pusa Campus, New Delhi, India.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK : Boston, MA, USA : CABI, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 340 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH545 .P4 A75 2019||New books shelf|
- Arora, Sumitra, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Impact and Estimation of Pesticides
- 1: Pesticides
- 2: Impact of Pesticides on the Environment
- Part II: Pesticide Risk and Assessment
- 3: Toxicity of Pesticides Based on their Mode of Action
- 4: Diagnostic Tools for Pesticide Detection
- 5: Toxicity of Pesticides in Mixtures with the Same Mode of Action
- 6: Toxicity of Pesticides in Mixtures with Different Modes of Action
- 7: Techniques for Pesticide Risk Assessment
- 8: Co-Relation of Pesticide Risk and Body Characteristics
- 9: Co-Relation of Toxicity and Classification of Pesticides
- Part III: Remediation to Reduce Pesticide Risk
- 10: Pesticide Risk - Case Studies
- 11: Alternatives for Reducing Pesticide Risk
- 12: Awareness for Reducing Pesticide Risk
- 13: Regulation of Pesticides and Associated Risks.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
We have been witnessing a silent chemical revolution over the past half century. Pesticides bring widespread environmental contamination, with residues detected far from their site of application. These substances are playing havoc with the lives of humans and the environment because of their indiscriminate use. Pesticide Risk Assessment describes the environmental risks associated with the injudicious use of pesticides and their mixtures, their methods of estimation and assessment, and their regulation. It also contains methods to reduce and minimize the risks associated with the use of pesticides. The book: Examines pesticides, their impact on the environment, mode of action, estimation methods, risk assessment, mixture toxicity, alternatives for risk reduction, and regulatory aspects. Includes global case studies detailing cases of pesticide poisoning, and the health effects of exposure to pesticides. Covers risks to human health, aquifers and aquatic organisms, pollinators, soil micro flora and fauna, terrestrial organisms and wildlife. Suitable for anyone involved in pesticide application and integrated pest management, this is essential reading for researchers, scientists, extension workers and policy makers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Statement of responsibility from the title page and page x, About the author, describe Sumatra Arora as the "editor" and the "author" respectively.
- 9781780646336 hardcover alkaline paper
- 178064633X hardcover alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: