Reverse design. Chrono Trigger
- Patrick Holleman.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Physical description
- x, 88 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Reverse design series
- Holleman, Patrick, author.
- Quest one : save Queen Leene (and Marle)
- The comedy of the sages
- Strengths and weaknesses in the design of Chrono Trigger
- Patterns of evolution and expansion in Chrono Trigger
- The Reverse Design series looks at all of the design decisions that went into classic video games. This is the second installment in the Reverse Design series, looking at Chrono Trigger. Written in a readable format, it is broken down into four sections examining some of the most important topics to the game: 1. Analyzes how the designers use gameplay to preserve and embellish the surprises in the plot; 2. Explains how Chrono Trigger is really two different games: the Tragedy of the Entity and the Comedy of the Sages; 3. Highlights how the two games differ in terms of tone, linearity, player choice and in the pacing of their content--back cover.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Chrono Trigger
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781138324985 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 1138324981 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 9781138323735 paperback ; alkaline paper
- 113832373X paperback ; alkaline paper
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: